Sunday, November 8, 2009

Butter Nut Cookies

When shopping at my local grocery store yesterday, I spotted a package of ready-made peanut butter cookies. "Pfft", I thought. "I could make peanut butter cookies that would taste so much better than those!" So, this morning I decided to take on the challenge....
Kitchen Kitten's Butter Nut Cookies:
-1 cup shortening
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 cup chunky peanut butter
-2 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 cup of oats
-1/2 cup of slivered almonds
-1/2 cup of dark chocolate(optional)
~~~~~~~~~
First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, cream together the shortening, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs, beat well, then mix in the peanut butter. In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the creamed sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, almonds, and choclate if your heart desires. My heart desired chocolate, so I mixed it in :)
When your cookie dough is mixed, grease a pan. Using a spoon, place about 2 tablespoons worth of dough onto the baking sheet and place them about an inch apart. The cookies won't spread out too much but give them room so they don't touch. Bake them for about 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are browned.

These cookies are really delicious and are the yummy-est when eaten right out of the oven-nice and warm! Mmmmm. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I followed this link back from your Twitter account. What a gorgeous blog! I hope you will start updating again--- your presentation is truly inspiring.

    I like to brown butter for peanut butter cookies--- I think it really brings out the intensity of the peanut flavor...

    ReplyDelete