Monday, October 5, 2009

Kitten's Kritics's Table

Alma De Cuba
http://www.almadecubarestaurant.com/

I had the pleasure of dining at this amazing restaurant over the summer and it was absolutly fabulous! Steven Starr owns this restaurant and many others in Philly. All of his restaurants are recognized as great places to get some really delicious food.

Alma De Cuba blew me away because the inside decor of the restaurant itself is sharp and crisp with white walls and white tables but the accents of red and black add a chic sophistication to the atmosphere. It sets the mood even before you taste the food....

The chefs in the restuarant must be applauded because I still haven't and probably will never forget the taste of the food I ordered. For an appetizer I settled on the Sancocho de Pollo, which is a coconut chicken soup. It was the best soup I've ever tasted, probably in my life's entirety thus far.

For dinner I decided on the Pionono which is a sweet plantain and zuchini roulade with queso fresco and broccoli rabe. I'll never forget the flavors of food that were purring in my mouth when I tasted it. I ate so incredibly slow because I never wanted it to end. The mix of the sweet and savory was the perfect combonation, I thought I died and went to heaven.

If there is any place to go and enjoy really yummy food, it is Alma De Cuba. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment