Monday, October 5, 2009

Kitten's Fresh Fix!

This past Sunday, we had a Fresh Fix in our kitchen; salmon! I know, I know, salmon is delicous and very healthy. I was afraid, up until now that is, to try salmon because I thought it would taste fishy....


I've discovered that it is quite the opposite! Salmon is buttery, flakey and moist.(yumm) If cooked correctly, it melts in your mouth. It can be paired perfectly with an easy spice rub that can me mixed in anyone's kitchen. Just toss together salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, corriander, and cumin powder.

For my salmon, I marinated it in freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice only for 30 minutes. Then I put the salmon on a pan, applied my spices and stuck it in the oven for 12 minutes (exactly 10-12 minutes, salmon is sensitive so if you leave it in too long it will come out very dry) at 400 degrees.

I also blanched asparagus and made a savory lemon butter sauce. Right when I plated, I sprinkled lemon zest on top of the asparagus. So pretty!

Needless to say, this Fresh Fix meal turned out delicious and it was so very easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment