Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Favorite Flavors

This morning I woke up and decided I had to have my favorite comfort food! A honey peanut butter bannana sandwhich (with wheat toast of couse!). I started thinking about comfort food flavors and how most comfort food has really simple flavors in it.


For example my favorite sanwhich has peanuts, honey, and bannanas in it. Very simple flavors that come together and do magical things in my mouth. But what makes comfort food comforting?

Maybe it is the simple flavors from your childhood or flavors that tickle your pallete just the right way. Comfort food brings you back to sweet, yummy memories in the first bite!


For me, this honey, peanut butter, bannana sandwhich reminds me of my mother and all the food she's ever taught me how to make. She is fabulous. When she introduced me into the world of toast and creamy peanut butter, my life changed for the better!




So what are your comfort food flavors that bring you back? Sweet? Savory?
I'd love to hear your comfort flavor stories!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, looks delicious! I love my mom's matzo ball soup or her Marguerites. Somehow most foods have some level of comfort for me in the beauty of their flavors. Cheesy, I know, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definatly a favorite for me too!

    ReplyDelete