Friday, September 25, 2009

Sweet Lemon Corn Cake

I simply adore easy recipes. Being a student, I don't really have alot of time on my hands to make four course meal everynight. That being said, I always look for smart, simple short cuts....


This afternoon as I search through my cabinets for something to make, I stumpled upon this box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. I really love cornbread alone, but this time I wanted to add an extra "umph" to it. I looked around my kitchen I spotted a lemon!




Normally you wouldn't think: corn muffin + lemon = delicious, but it really happens to work! The sweetness of the corn muffin with the tang of the lemon is the perfect combination that you will love to eat with any meal....
Recipe:
1 box of Jiffy's Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
1 lemon
First, add all the box mix, the egg, and the milk into a bowl and mix it up. Then add about a teaspoon of lemon zest into the bowl along with the juice of the whole lemon.
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and grease either a baking dish or a muffin tin.
Let bake until you can stick a knife into it and it comes out clean.
This sweet lemon cake is so yummy, it's going to make you want to get creative in your own kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LUV me my Jiffy cornbread! And I never thought to add some umph. I'm liking that idea.

    ReplyDelete